Medium to Hard
Tips on Removing Oil or Water Based Paint Stains
- For fresh spills, scoop excess and dilute with water (water based paint) or turpentine (oil based)
- Blot out and repeat while effective.
- Soak up and reapply until paint is all gone. Note that too much turpentine will damage the carpet backing.
- If the paint is dry, apply turps or methylated spirits to the affected area.
- Soak up and repeat so long as there is improvement.
If you have the choice do not let paint dry. Many clients have rung suggesting it will be easy for us to remove because it is water based. However once it is dry it is no longer water soluble if you are in any doubt think about that paint brush you forgot to clean. We have products that deal with most paint spills even if they have dried. Contact us to learn more.
Be sure to read our general stain removal advice before proceeding.